Company Name: Kiny.info
- the best bits: We only use your data to improve your experience
- keeping it real: We’ll talk to you straight – no stress, no worries
- No Junk: You choose what and how we speak to you
- Super Safe: Your Data is Protected 24/7
Everything we do at Kiny.info is about you! We take our customers privacy and security very seriously and we are 100% committed to protecting it so you can shop away without a single worry. If you have any questions about how we protect your privacy, just shout us firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO ARE WE?
The controller of your information for the purposes of the Data Protection Laws is Kiny.info
SECTION 1 – HOW WE USE YOUR DATA?
We are committed to protecting your privacy. It is important that you understand how we look after your personal data and how we make sure that we meet our legal obligations to you under the data protection rules and regulations in the relevant territory (including associated guidance) (the ” Data Protection Laws “). This privacy notice outlines how we will collect, use, store and share your personal data.
If you have any questions in relation to this privacy notice or generally how your personal data is processed by us, please contact our data protection team by letter addressed to: 622 Edgewater Blvd Apt 309, FOSTER CITY, CA 94404, United States; by email at email@example.com.
This privacy notice applies to any personal data that we collect about you when you:
- visit our one of our websites;
- purchase products from us;
- visit one of our stores;
- contact us, for example by telephone, email, post or through submitting a form on our websites
SECTION 2 – WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
If you have an account with us or make a purchase online with us, or enter a competition or respond to a survey with us, we collect your name and contact details (including your address, telephone number, details about your order, and your billing information (where you are purchasing products)).
We also collect details of your interactions with us through our customer contact centres, in store, online or via our apps. For example, when you telephone one of our contact centres, we collect notes of our conversations with you and details of your query and from time to time we may record your calls for training and monitoring purposes. We also collect information about the purchases that you make, your saved items, your payment information, your participation in promotions and loyalty programmes, any complaints and comments that you make and your shopping preferences. If in connection with a brand promotion you use an account linking feature (linking your Kiny Shop account with an account you hold with a third party brand partner) – we will collect information necessary to link your accounts and to provide you with the accompanying linked account benefits. We also collect CCTV images in all of our stores.
Each time you visit one of our websites, we will also automatically collect information and personal data about your computer for system administration including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type. We do this to help us analyse how users use the websites (including behaviour patterns and the tracking of visits across multiple devices), to establish more about our website and to assist us in managing your account and improving your online experience. We also collect information about your activities on our websites, for example what device you are using and what products you’re looking at.
If you receive email marketing from us, we also collect limited information about how you interact with such marketing emails, which is limited to if you open an email and/or click a link within an email. We do this to understand how engaged you are with our marketing in order to tailor how much we send to you to improve your experience with us.
Please note that, from time to time, we will combine personal data that we receive from other sources with personal data you give to us and personal data we collect about you.
SECTION 3 – WHERE DO WE GET THIS INFORMATION FROM?
We collect some of your information directly from you, either through information that you give to us or information that we collect during your visits to our websites or through your communications with us. We may obtain some information from third parties, including retail analytics companies, consumer insight companies and credit reference agencies and publicly available sources to assist us with understanding customer demographics and shopper behaviors, such information is aggregated and/or anonymised and therefore does not provide us with information about specific individuals.
|Information that you give us||You may share personal data about yourself with us by:filling in forms on our websites and, including when you purchase products online, submit queries to us, create an account on one of our websites and or sign up to receive promotional material and newsletters; responding to a survey or entering a competition with us; giving us information about yourself in any communication with us, either by telephone, e-mail, post or otherwise, either in connection with your account, purchases, or to report a complaint or issue.you are not obliged to provide your personal data to us. However, if you do not provide your personal data to us, we may not be able to fulfill your order or provide other services to you or respond to your queries.|
|Information that we collect about you||We collect personal data about you: when you visit our websites, including details of your visits to our websites, but not limited to, Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, MAC addresses, traffic data, location data, your login information, time-zone setting browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, weblogs, cookies and other communication data, and the resources that you access. In particular, calls to our contact centers will be recorded for training and monitoring purposes from time to time.|
|Information that we receive from other sources||We will receive personal data about you from other third parties, including: in connection with any mergers or acquisitions where we obtain your information from another company; and from our brand partners, who in connection with collaborative promotions and loyalty programs, provide us with technical information allowing us to link your Cramprelieef account to an account you hold with the brand partner.|
SECTION 4 – WHY DO WE NEED YOUR INFORMATION?
The main purpose for which we use your information is to provide you with the products that you purchase from us and to send you offers and promotions that you might be interested in.
In particular, we use your information:
- to provide you with the products that you have purchased from us and any receipts of purchase, including to deliver your products, and to send you order status updates;
- to take payments for the products that you have purchased and to give refunds or exchanges;
- to provide customer service and support to you;
- to develop and improve our products and services;
- to develop and improve our websites and set default options for you, whether one the website or within our marketing (such as language and currency and/or to use your location to display local store information or notify you of specific events happening close to you or provide you with the best delivery options for your orders) and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner;
- to provide you with account linking features (and associated benefits) as part of collaborative promotions and loyalty programs with select third party brand partners;
- to share your order and purchase information with third party brand partners, when you purchase their branded products on our platform and have opted-in to the linking of your Kiny Shop account and the account you hold with that brand;
- to provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you. We may send you marketing information by email, SMS, push notification (if you are a user of our app) or post. This can include information about new products and offers that you may find interesting;
- to research our customers’ preferences and trending products;
- to run surveys and competitions;
- to notify you about changes to our products;
- as part of our efforts to keep our stores safe and secure (for example through the use of CCTV in our stores);
- to prevent and detect fraud and crime (for example, through the use of CCTV in our stores).
SECTION 5 – CONSENT
You will also receive marketing communications from us where you have signed up, or otherwise consented, to receive marketing messages from us – for example by signing up to our newsletter.
If you are an app user, and if you provide us with consent to do so, we may use your location data to send push notifications when you are near one of our stores. These push notifications may include offers and promotions relevant to you which are taking place at a nearby store or to let you know that an item in your wish list is available at a nearby store.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to processing of this nature at any time by updating your marketing preferences in your account, turning off push notifications/or contacting our data protection team using the details at the start of this privacy notice.
SECTION 6 – WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
We do not, and will not, sell any of your information to any third party, including your name, address, email address or credit card information. However, we do share your information with a number of select third parties to enable us to provide our products and services to you, to send marketing information and to improve our business operations as set out below.
We will share your information with other members of the Kiny Shop Store but only for the purposes specified in this
- privacy notice which includes, sharing your information with other members of the Kiny Shop Store for group analysis and business purposes, to improve our products and services.
We will also use a number of carefully selected third parties to help us to provide you with products, services and to market to you. In particular, we disclose your information to:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers and delivery companies;
- Our trusted service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners, website and app hosts and other third parties who provide services to help us to tailor our marketing to you;
- Our brand partners and trusted third parties in order to run collaborative promotions, member programs and competitions with them. If you are one of our lucky winners, we may share your data with the brand partner or trusted third party in order for them to contact you to deliver the prize to you. Your account, order and purchase information (relating to products of the brand partner) may also be shared with brand partners when you have taken steps to link your Kiny Shop account to an account you hold with the brand partner;
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies;
- We will provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
We will only share your information with third party suppliers where it is necessary for them to provide us with the services we need.
We may disclose your information to other companies in connection with any merger, acquisition, insolvency situation or otherwise, in which case we will only disclose your information so far as is necessary.
We may also need to disclose personal data to third parties to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or if necessary for legal proceedings.
SECTION 7- SECURITY
Retention of your personal data
We will only keep your information for as long as is necessary to carry out the purposes we collected it for, as set out in this privacy notice (unless a longer retention period is required by the applicable law). We typically keep your personal data for 6 years from the purchase in order to enable us to deal with any issues or concerns you may have about the products or services you have received, and to allow us to bring or defend legal proceedings. In some circumstances, some of your data will be deleted in much shorter timescales, for example:
- CCTV images are kept for 60 days;
- marketing consents will be refreshed/deleted after 4 years, however, our aim is only to market to you for as long as we believe you want to continue hearing from us based on how you interact with us.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we will also keep hold of some of your information, even if it is no longer needed to provide our services to you.
Security of your personal data
Transmission of information via the internet is not and cannot be completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our websites and mobile apps; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
WHAT IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT?
If you have any concerns regarding our processing of your personal data, or are not satisfied with our handing of any request made by you, or would otherwise like to make a complaint, please contact our data protection team in the first instance using the details at the start of this privacy notice, so that they can do their very best to sort out the problem.
You can also contact the Kiny’s Store at 622 Edgewater Blvd Apt 309, FOSTER CITY, CA 94404, United States or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.